A number of holdups have meant that consent has only now been applied for to begin work on building this apartment complex in Manly Village.
Developers of the five-storey apartment block in Manly Village (60–62 Rawhiti Rd) say there was a hold up with their building consent application, which they had originally hoped to lodge with Auckland Council five months ago.
Manly Ridge Apartments director Mark Pepers says the consent application was to be finally lodged at the end of last week (March 10). He says the delays were because of issues with architects and other professionals working on the apartment complex.
Mr Pepers says the project is ready to go once Council grants building consent.
The work will begin with demolition of the existing buildings on the site; owners of shops in those buildings were given notice under the demolition clause in their leases last year.
The new complex includes eight shops, 24 two-bedroom apartments and two penthouse apartments as well as 42 car parks. Around half the apartments have been sold off the plans, as well as all the retail units.
Construction is expected to take around 10 months and Mr Pepers says disruption to surrounding businesses and the public will be kept to a minimum during the build.