Aucklanders across the region have responded in record numbers to Auckland’s Emergency Budget 2020/2021.
More than 15,000 pieces of feedback have been submitted.
This compares to approximately 1200 responses over the same period for the annual budget consultation held earlier this year. Auckland Mayor Phil Goff says Covid-19 has cut Council revenue by $525 million, or about 12 per cent for the coming year.
“This means Council needs to cut its spending across the board, with fewer staff, a reduction in services and deferral of some of our big construction projects,” he said.
The consultation period ended on June 19.