- The resident population of Snells Beach at the time of the 2013 census was 3552, an increase of 252 people, or 7.6 per cent, since the 2006 census.
- There are slightly more females than males in Snells Beach, and most are aged between 15 and 64 years. The median age is 49.4 years.
- The most common ethnic groups are European (93.4 per cent), followed by Maori (7 per cent).
- There are 1500 occupied dwellings and 405 unoccupied dwellings in Snells Beach, and one-family households make up 70.4 per cent of all households. The average household size is 2.3 people, compared with an average of three people in Auckland.
- Just over 72 per cent of Snells Beach households are privately owned by the occupier or trust, this compares with 61.5 per cent in Auckland.