Auckland Council is proposing to construct a pump track and create a dog park in the Hibiscus & Bays Local Board area as part of its “build, maintain, renew” work programme 2019-22.
Possible locations for the proposed pump track and dog park are to be discussed with the local board.
The development of 14ha Metro Park West in Millwater is the biggest single local project in the programme, with a budget of more than $9.3 million (HM February 1).
In addition, various structures and facilities on the Hibiscus Coast are due for renewal or repair work.
The work programme was prioritised based on local board feedback, staff assessments of assets and stakeholder input.
Local projects include:
• Demolition and rebuilding of the building formerly leased by Nippon Judo Club by the carpark in Silverdale War Memorial Park. Location of a replacement building to be approved by the local board in 2020. Estimated completion date 2023. Total budget $3.8 million.
• Renew and repair the pedestrian bridge over Nukumea Stream in Eave’s Bush Estimated completion June 2020. Budget, $25,000.
• Develop a play space at Beachwood Drive, Hatfields Beach – estimated completion, June 2020. Budget $345,000.
• Construct a pump track in the Hibiscus & Bays Local Board area. Location to be presented to the local board for approval in the 2019/20 financial year. Estimated completion June 2021. Budget $100,000
• Establish a dog park location in the Hibiscus & Bays Local Board area. Establish and location and concept design in 2019/20 financialyear. Budget $15,000
• Renew seawalls at Hatfields Beach Reserve, Waiwera Bridge jetty, Whale Cove and Waiwera Place Reserve. Estimated completion June 2020. Budget $503,557
• Develop 14ha Metro Park West reserve. Currently in the design phase. Estimated completion 2025. Budget $9.3 million
• Renew Stanmore Bay Park seawall. Estimated completion June 2021. Budget $110,000
• Fountain renewal at Moana Reserve, Orewa. Estimated completion December 2019. Budget $165,000
• Orewa library comprehensive renewal $250,000 (see story p15)
• Whangaparaoa Library entrance development. Estimated completion July 2021. Budget $204,536
• Install stairs on the cliff to the north of Pacific Parade, Army Bay where rockfall has crushed the structure. Estimated completion June 2020. Budget $75,000
• Develop a sand carpet field and install new floodlights at Red Beach Park. Estimated completion June 2020. Budget $811,176
• Renew park structures at Te Ara Tahuna walk and cycleway, Orewa. Estimated completion May 2021. Budget $420,000