Terms & Conditions
As at January 2021
1. By entering the competition or promotion each entrant will be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions and to have agreed to be bound by them.
2. Failure to supply all requested personal information at the time of submitting an entry might result on the entry being invalid.
3. No responsibility will be taken for late/lost/misdirected mail, incomplete entries or entries with incorrect postage. Entries will be deemed to be void if stolen, forged, mutilated or tampered with in any way.
4. Only one entry will be accepted per person.
5. By entering the competition, winners agree to their names being published and to be photographed and/or interviewed by Mahurangi Matters, Hibiscus Matters or the promoter and that the promoter may use their names and such photographs and/or interviews for publicity purposes.
6. The prizes are not transferable or exchangeable, and cannot be redeemed for cash.
7. All prizes are subject to standard terms and conditions of the company supplying the prizes.
8. Local Matters is not liable for damage to prizes sent by post or courier.
9. Full details of the prize will be given in writing upon request.
10. Only entries received by the closing date specified in the advertisement will be accepted.
11. The winner will be drawn at 17 Neville Street Warkworth or 21 Florence Avenue Orewa and notified as specified in the advertisement.
12. If the prize winner cannot be contacted within three days, at Local Matters’ option that winner will forfeit the prize with no right of compensation and the prize will be redrawn.
13. Subject to any applicable law which cannot be excluded, Local Matters and its employees are not responsible for any loss or damage whatsoever that is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury suffered or sustained during the course of accepting or using the prizes.
14. Entry is open to New Zealand residents only. Employees of Local Matters and participating businesses are not eligible to enter this promotion.
15. The decision of judges in relation to any aspect of the competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. All entries become the property of Local Matters.
17. Under the Privacy Act 1993, all individuals have the right to access and correct their personal information by contacting Local Matters in writing to PO Box 701 Warkworth 0941.
Updated February 2021