Do your Dad’s jokes make you cringe, make you groan or do they drive you up the wall?
Alternatively, do they make you laugh out loud?
However they make us feel, most of us would like to take some time to show our appreciation to our Dads on Father’s Day, which this year falls on Sunday, September 6.
What better way to do so than present him with a new chainsaw from Stihl Warkworth – a Stihl MS170 to be exact, worth $295?
All you have to do is enter the Mahurangi Matters Best Dad Joke Competition. Send in your Dad’s best (or worst) joke and a skilled team of Dad joke assessors from Stihl Warkworth and Mahurangi Matters will announce the winner in the September 2 edition of this newspaper. Runners up can win $50 vouchers for
The Stables restaurant or The Camera Shop. Remember, Dad’s jokes are typically one-liners or in a Q&A format. Q: Dad, can I watch TV? A: Only if you don’t turn it on.
Father's Day – Dad Joke Competition
$750 worth of vouchers and prizes to be won
HOW TO ENTER
Send your Dad’s best Dad Joke to email@example.com, drop it in to 17 Neville Street, Warkworth, or send it to the Mahurangi Matters Facebook page.
Don’t forget to include your name and a daytime phone number.
Competition ends Friday, August 21 at noon.
Winners will be announced in the September 2 edition of Mahurangi Matters.
Terms & Conditions
1. By entering the competition or promotion each entrant will be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions and to have agreed to be bound by them.
2. Failure to supply all requested personal information at the time of submitting an entry might result on the entry being invalid.
3. No responsibility will be taken for late/lost/misdirected mail, incomplete entries or entries with incorrect postage. Entries will be deemed to be void if stolen, forged, mutilated or tampered with in any way.
4. Only one entry will be accepted per person.
5. By entering the competition, winners agree to their names being published and to be photographed and/or interviewed by Mahurangi Matters or the promoter and that the promoter may use their names and such photographs and/or interviews for publicity purposes.
6. The prizes are not transferable or exchangeable, and cannot be redeemed for cash.
7. All prizes are subject to standard terms and conditions of the company supplying the prizes.
8. Local Matters is not liable for damage to prizes sent by post or courier.
9. Full details of the prize will be given in writing upon request.
10. Only entries received by the closing date specified in the advertisement will be accepted.
11. The winner will be drawn at 17 Neville Street Warkworth and notified as specified in the advertisement.
12. If the prize winner cannot be contacted within three days, at Local Matters’ option that winner will forfeit the prize with no right of compensation and the prize will be redrawn.
13. Subject to any applicable law which cannot be excluded, Mahurangi Matters and their employees are not responsible for any loss or damage whatsoever that is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury suffered or sustained during the course of accepting or using the prizes.
14. Entry is open to New Zealand residents only. Employees of Local Matters and participating businesses are not eligible to enter this promotion.
15. The decision of judges in relation to any aspect of the competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. All entries become the property of Local Matters.
17. Under the Privacy Act 1993, all individuals have the right to access and correct their personal information by contacting Local Matters in writing to PO Box 701 Warkworth 0941.